- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million.
As we scale our team, we are seeking the best and the brightest engineers, across both the software and hardware worlds.
The FPGA is at the heart of our revolutionary Butterfly iQ ultrasound device. As a designer of this part, you will work closely with our ASIC, EE, Imaging, and Firmware teams. Your role will be to convert complex beamforming algorithms (how the sound waves are converted into images) into Verilog, to accelerate these algorithms into working prototypes, and to verify the designs for customer shipments. You will be responsible for the selection of next generation FPGA devices, and working with your ASIC and EE colleagues, will develop the high-speed interfaces to pipeline the ultrasound data. Working with your embedded colleagues, you will select and implement an embedded microprocessors.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 4+ years of FPGA (preferred) or ASIC design, verification, and implementation.
- Verilog expert
- Experience with system-on-a-chip design, including embedded microprocessors (e.g., ARM, Tensilica, Nios, MIPS), on-chip memories, and bus architectures.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and using version control (e.g., SVN, Git, or Mercurial).
- Familiar with Python, TCL, make, or other common scripting languages.
- Must be organized and self-motivated, able to turn abstract ideas into concrete designs.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Numerous Verilog Designs shipping to customers
- Competent with the Altera, Xilinx, and Micro-Semi development environments
- Some ASIC design experience
- Selecting and integrating complex 3rd party IP cores, such as PCI Express, USB, DDR-SDRAM, or 10G Ethernet.
- Ability to proactively optimize for cost, power, and computation, as aligned w/ organizational and project priorities
- Implementation of digital signal processing algorithms and good knowledge of DSP theory
- Numeric programming with NumPy or Matlab.
- C/C++ on embedded processors running bare-metal, an RTOS, or Linux
- Experience shipping Medical devices and the use of Design Controls
We offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.