Failure Analysis Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Conduct failure analysis to identify the failure modes of ultrasound MEMS transducer.
- Study failure mechanisms and provide potential root cause to stakeholders at timely manner.
- Develop FA methodologies specific for ultrasound MEMS devices.
- Prioritize FA requests and work with FA houses to perform physical FA to investigate root causes.
- Collaborate with other functional teams to improve yield and reliability issues.
- Analyze PFA data, write reports, and make technical recommendations to support process developments.
- Degree in EE, ME, Chemistry, Material Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in physical failure analysis (PFA), or an equivalent combination of relevant technical training and experience for semiconductor devices, MEMS and packaged products.
- Hands on experience, or knowledge of, the following areas: sample preparation methods for cross section, de-capping for packaged samples, familiar with FA tools, e.g. SEM, FIB, EDX, XPS, AES, X-ray, CSAM…
- Ability to investigate and analyze root causes related to processes and equipment in production environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and management team.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- experience in electrical failure analysis(EFA), semiconductor process, MEMS process, packaging, and drive close loop learning for yield enhancement
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.