Magnet Manufacturing Engineer
- Guilford, CT, USA
Hyperfine Research (4Catalyzer Company) is a well-funded, rapidly growing medical technology company founded by Jonathan Rothberg, PhD in 2014. Our companies (like: Butterfly Network) build medical devices that have never been built before - bridging together cutting-edge electrical, mechanical and software engineering with artificial intelligence, thereby bringing down device costs, reducing device size, increasing usability and creating breakthrough products. We have a world-class team of engineers, whose focus is to build these innovative devices, save the lives of the ones we love and democratize medicine around the world.
Today, 90% of the world population does not have access to MRI. Hyperfine is on a mission to bring MR technology to every patient anywhere, anytime, regardless of income or resources
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with magnet vendors
- Develop QA process for magnet assembly parts, including procuring and setting up suitable equipment
- Help the team optimize cost and performance with knowledge of materials and processes (steel and permanent magnets)
- Help the team develop tooling and processes to efficiently build magnet assemblies
- At least MS Combination of EE and mechanical, or equivalent experience
- Capable of designing parts in Solidworks or similar and creating drawings for fabrication.
- Knowledge of steel grades used for magnetic applications
- Familiar with manufacturing processes of steel parts
- Knowledge of permanent magnet materials (rare earth, ferrite)
- Experience with sourcing magnet parts
- Experience with the different steps of producing magnet assemblies (handling, quality control, magnetization, gluing…)
- Experience with automation
- FEA analysis
- Programming skills (any language)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.