System Reliability Lead
- Guilford, CT, USA
We believe that the most significant innovations of this decade will be the result of technological advancements in medicine. Butterfly Network, Inc. has raised >$350M to develop and commercialize a handheld, smartphone-connected ultrasound probe powered by AI. Our first product, iQ, has received FDA clearance and ships this year.
Our successes have been profiled in various media outlets including MIT Technology Review, IEEE Spectrum, Forbes, and WIRED Magazine. Butterfly Network, Inc. (a 4Catalyzer company) is privately-held and well-funded by a small group of extraordinarily successful serial entrepreneurs.
Butterfly Network is seeking a System Reliability Lead to act as an individual contributor and team lead to build and expand our reliability capabilities. This role will interact with several cross functional teams.
As a Reliability Engineering Lead you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design infrastructure technologies. You will work closely with an internal inter- disciplinary team, and outside artners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the test validation of future technologies.
- You will have a fundamental understanding of Reliability statistics/Reliability tests and/or solid understanding of system engineering to influence design for reliability.
- Lead identifying and validating product/component risks and work with design teams to mitigate them.
- Define test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability
- Deep-dive in technologies aligned with product roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor engineers.
- Perform Reliability prediction of failure mechanisms, products under development and products in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, or a Physics related fields
- 10+ years in reliability engineering or consumer electronics
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or related fields
- Experience with medical imaging technologies
- Experience with Failure analysis techniques
- Experience with stress testing; fatigue testing, vibration and shock testing, electrical stress, environmental stress
We provide visa assistance for non-U.S. applicants
Our competitive compensation plan includes salary, stock options and outstanding benefits.