System Reliability Lead
- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Butterfly Network is seeking a System Reliability Lead to act as an individual contributor and team lead to build and expand our reliability capabilities. This role will interact with several cross functional teams.
As a Reliability Engineering Lead you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design infrastructure technologies. You will work closely with an internal inter- disciplinary team, and outside artners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Be responsible for the test validation of future technologies.
- You will have a fundamental understanding of Reliability statistics/Reliability tests and/or solid understanding of system engineering to influence design for reliability.
- Lead identifying and validating product/component risks and work with design teams to mitigate them.
- Define test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability
- Deep-dive in technologies aligned with product roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor engineers.
- Perform Reliability prediction of failure mechanisms, products under development and products in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, or a Physics related fields
- 10+ years in reliability engineering or consumer electronics
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or related fields
- Experience with medical imaging technologies
- Experience with Failure analysis techniques
- Experience with stress testing; fatigue testing, vibration and shock testing, electrical stress, environmental stress
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.