Clinical Validation Engineer
- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world. Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. As we scale our team, we are seeking the best and the brightest engineers, across both the software and hardware worlds.
The Clinical Validation Engineer is expected to initiate, run, and support software and product
Integration testing and Validation efforts through development and product lifecycle. The Clinical
Validation Engineer will work closely with Ultrasound Engineering (Imaging), Systems Engineering,
Software, Deep Learning, usability, and clinical to participate in validating design outputs, with
opportunities for supporting design inputs.
The Clinical Validation Engineer may assist in providing clinical support to product development teams in
areas of product definition, product assessment, and product development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
● Define, document, and execute Validation tests including maintaining traceability to
● Responsible for creating, maintaining, and distributing reports promptly and timely to support
product development timelines.
● Participate in system life cycle and software integration testing.
● Work with clinical specialists, software, integration team and systems engineering to take part in
validating design outputs.
● Participate in reviews and improvement of requirements, design documents, and overall
● Responsible for creating and having input to specific documentation, i.e., Product Requirements
Definition, Validation Plan and Validation Report.
● Accountable for carrying out the requirements of Butterfly Networks quality procedures.
● Provide clinical support and input cross-functionally to the design and development process as
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 3 years of R&D experience or equivalent.
• Bachelor degree in Biomedical or Ultrasound preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience utilizing Ultrasound Medical Imaging and Medical Technologies in
diverse clinical environments with a firm understanding of product attributes that lead to a positive User
and Patient outcomes. ARDMS certified required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Must have at least (5) five years’ experience in diagnostic ultrasound, current (RDCS and/or
RDMS) required. Special attention will be paid to applicants with multiple registries.
● Excellent organization and time management skills.
● Self-motivated and a self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Ability to understand both the clinical and business needs of the customer and Butterfly
● Ability to translate customer needs into clear product requirements for R&D is a must.
● Ability to think about the application of diagnostic ultrasound in non-traditional ways is also a
● Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
In addition to working with colleagues and advisors who are the best and brightest in their fields, building a revolutionary product and helping to save lives, we offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- Free on-site meals, unlimited healthy snacks
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, CT
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.