Senior Electrical Engineer
- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Butterfly Network is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our growing team of talented hardware engineers. This person would work on various aspects of the Butterfly IQ and upcoming devices. Our future Senior Electrical Engineer can work out of our headquarters in Guilford, CT, or out of our brand new office in Palo Alto, CA.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10-12+ years of experience in hardware development across full product life cycles - concept to production
- 10-12+ years delivering hardware products from concept to launch
- Experience with high-speed digital design of distributed systems covering microprocessors, mixed signal, analog front-ends, ADCs, sensors, and low-level firmware integration
- Experience delivering high volume electronics products into production and into market distribution
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: cellular, PC / server, aerospace, robotics, or automotive
- Experience miniaturizing product boards with knowledge industry availability.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong electronics design skills and experience with complex board designs including high speed interconnect
- Held responsibility for creation, arbitration and apportioning of electrical and system technical product requirements, architecture and specifications
- Knowledge of electronics supply chain, evaluation of components / component assembly, and aware of board design / materials
- Lead interdisciplinary discussions between Hardware, Reliability, Firmware teams to define and drive scope and clarity of work.
- 5+ years as a lead electronics engineer for multiple and complex electronics systems, acting as lead engineer for a team of 10+ engineers
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.