Research Software Engineer
- new york, ny, New York, NY, United States
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Building libraries and infrastructure for running machine learning models while also having a direct and immense, real-world impact.
- Passion for creating modern, efficient, elegant, and scalable code
- Deep understanding of Python and efficient object-oriented software design
- High degree of comfort with Developing Tensorflow models
- Developed reliable backend DL models for fault-intolerant applications – e.g. medicine, scientific computing, aerospace, finance
- M.S. in Computer Science
- 3+ years of Python application development
- 2+ years of experience developing and testing Deep/Machine Learning models
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile, highly collaborative environment
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.