Front-End Web Developer
- 251 W 30th St, New York, NY 10001, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Our HIPAA-compliant cloud is the key to Butterfly's service model - enabling users to store, collaborate, analyze, and educate. We are looking for a talented engineer with front-end web development experience to help unlock the potential of our growing cloud platform. As a versatile Front-End Web Developer, you will work to achieve these goals using the best technologies available.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- In close collaboration with our Full Stack Software Engineers, you will bring new classes of services to life - for use everywhere, from the hospital to the home.
- Your work will define the UX for our cloud services, an experience that our users will fall in love with.
- 2+ years of experience in modern front-end web development, especially utilizing technologies such as React or Vue
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Modern front-end tooling, e.g. Babel, webpack, Parcel, or Rollup
- GraphQL and related frameworks e.g. Relay, Apollo, or URQL
- Familiarity with back-end development using either Node.js or Python
- Experience working with modern styling approaches like CSS modules or CSS-in-JS
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.