Principal MEMS Process Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million.
As we scale our team, we are seeking the best and the brightest engineers, across both the software and hardware worlds.
The MEMS Process Design Engineer is a key member of the Butterfly's MEMS technology team, represents the predominant effort in developing and optimizing new transducer wafer processes for our ultrasound systems. This individual will work with the rest of the MEMS team to lead MEMS design and process development to produce transducers that meet production requirements. The MEMS Engineer will help to tackle key performance challenges to ensure that the transducer is qualified for medical applications.
1. Develop CMOS/MEMS integration processes with foundry partner.
2. Mitigate MEMS device performance related challenges, and coordinate the development activities including process development, failure analysis, process and product qualification
3. Develop processes that could improve specific transducer performance, such as anti-stiction and charging.
4. Troubleshoot wafer process and packaging related issues based on testing data, including PCM, CP, and FTs.
5. Communicate development progresses to cross-functional teams to meet all stakeholders’ requirements
1. Masters or above degree in engineering related field - material science, chemistry, physics, mechanical engineering, electric engineering, etc.
2. Minimum 8 years of working experience in MEMS process development, process integration, product engineer or failure analysis.
3. In-depth understanding of device physics is required.
4. Experience in failure mechanism study in MEMS devices.
5. Data analysis skill is a plus.
We offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.