Senior Product Designer
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world. Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. If you have a passion for doing innovative work that makes a difference in the world, you will love working with us.
From the beginning, Design has played a key role in Butterfly's product development process. From crafting thoughtful and innovative interfaces for our users, to the fit and finish of our devices, Design is involved at every step.
As a Senior Product Designer you will have the rare opportunity to create one-of-a-kind, beautiful, and functional digital products that will empower others to make life-saving decisions. You will have the opportunity to own the design of groundbreaking products that have the potential to impact millions of lives — working with brilliant minds from Spotify, Square, Foursquare, Bridgewater, and Palantir solving truly unique and challenging design problems.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Contribute to the product design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, industrial design, project managers, and developers.
- Help to mentor and grow junior interaction and visual designers on project teams.
- Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines.
- Solid user interface design experience.
- Excellent visual design skills
- Strong conceptual thinking.
- Have a deep empathy for our users.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- Must be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can take and give clear feedback.
- Obsessed with getting the details right.
- Passionate about creating remarkable, one-of-a-kind digital experiences
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
In addition to working with colleagues and advisors who are the best and brightest in their fields, building a revolutionary product and helping to save lives, we offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- Free on-site meals, unlimited healthy snacks
- Brand new office in Flatiron
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.