Physical Failure Analysis (PFA) Engineer
- Taoyuan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan 330
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million.
As we scale our team, we are seeking the best and the brightest engineers, across both the software and hardware worlds.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Conduct PFA and provide the report with failure mechanisms timely to stakeholders
- Prioritize PFA requests and work with FA houses to perform physical FA to investigate the root cause
- Analyze PFA data, write reports and make technical recommendations to support yield improvement and process development
- Work with other FA engineers and cross-functional team to resolve reliability issues
- BS/MS degree in EE, ME, Chemistry, Material Science, or related field
- 5-10 years experience of physical failure analysis (PFA) or an equivalent combination of relevant technical training and experience for semiconductor devices, MEMS and packaged products
- Have hands-on experience or knowledge of the following areas: sample preparation methods for cross section, de-capping for packaged samples, familiar with FA tools, e.g. SEM, FIB, EDX, XPS, AES, X-ray, CSAM
- Ability to investigate and analyze root causes related to processes and equipment in the production environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and management team
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
Desired expertise: experience in electrical failure analysis(EFA), semiconductor process, MEMS process and package, drive close loop learning for yield enhancement
This position will be based in Taoyuan City, Taiwan. The position will require to travel frequently to New
Taipei and Hsinchu areas