Junior Manufacturing Engineer
- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $400 million.
As we scale our team, we are seeking the best and the brightest engineers, across both the software and hardware worlds.
As we grow, we're looking for a Junior Manufacturing Engineer.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant: Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required
- 5+ years design and quality control experience in product manufacturing
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- History of progressive responsibility a plus
- Proficient with computer systems, production test equipment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.