Failure Analysis Engineer
- 530 Whitfield St, Guilford, CT 06437, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million.
As we scale our team, we are seeking a talent Failure Analysis Engineer.
Butterfly Network is seeking a Failure Analysis Engineer to act as an individual contributor and team
lead to build and expand our root cause capabilities. This role will be highly impactful to the business
by being instrumental component to engineering feedback and corrective actions. This role will
interact with several cross functional teams.
- Evaluate electrical, thermal and mechanical characteristics of integrated circuits, components, sub-components and systems to determine root cause of failure.
- Analyze failure reports and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Support new process, product transfer and startup.
- Incorporate automation and improvement of failure analysis process.
- Ensure materials and failure analysis capabilities required to support advanced process technology and product development are in place.
- Interact with device and process development engineers to determine relationship of materials properties electrical performance and quality engineers assist in risk assessment.
- Define and review analytical equipment for both production and development.
- Complete sample analysis for equipment and process qualifications.
- Identify optimum analytical approaches critical to problems.
- Coordinate analytical resources to ensure rapid and accurate results for manufacturing ramp.
- Conduct innovative use of new analytical tools, equipment and methodologies.
- Develop, record and perform various failure analysis on systems and components to identify root cause.
- Develop formal failure analysis report data and findings of complaint and other groups after analysis completion.
- Engineer and convey warranty return metrics.
- Maintain and oversee calibration of analysis equipment.
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Candidate must possess a Master's or PhD degree in Materials Science or related field, with exposure to Physics and/or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with the following:
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Optical microscopy
- X-ray, Focused Ion Beam (FIB), and oscilloscope experience.
- Scripting experience (in Excel, Access, MATLAB, or other tools).
- Experience with statistical analysis packages (like JMP, Minitab, etc.).
We provide visa assistance for non-U.S. applicants
Our competitive compensation plan includes salary, stock options and outstanding benefits.