Senior Electrical Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, us
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million.
As we scale our team, we are seeking the best and the brightest engineers, across both the software and hardware worlds.
Butterfly Network is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our growing team of talented hardware engineers. This person would work on various aspects of the Butterfly IQ and upcoming devices. Our future Senior Electrical Engineer can work out of our headquarters in Guilford, CT, or out of our brand new office in Palo Alto, CA.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10-12+ years of experience in hardware development across full product life cycles - concept to production
- 10-12+ years delivering hardware products from concept to launch
- Experience with high-speed digital design of distributed systems covering microprocessors, mixed signal, analog front-ends, ADCs, sensors, and low-level firmware integration
- Experience delivering high volume electronics products into production and into market distribution
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: cellular, PC / server, aerospace, robotics, or automotive
-Experience miniaturizing product boards with knowledge industry availability.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong electronics design skills and experience with complex board designs including high speed interconnect
- Held responsibility for creation, arbitration and apportioning of electrical and system technical product requirements, architecture and specifications
- Knowledge of electronics supply chain, evaluation of components / component assembly, and aware of board design / materials
- Lead interdisciplinary discussions between Hardware, Reliability, Firmware teams to define and drive scope and clarity of work.
- 5+ years as a lead electronics engineer for multiple and complex electronics systems, acting as lead engineer for a team of 10+ engineers
We offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.