Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- 530 Whitfield St, Guilford, CT 06437, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Be an integral part of a small and visible team of world-class mechanical engineers making Butterfly Network’s ultra-portable, chip-based medical imaging devices.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Build the world’s most advanced handheld ultrasound devices
- Work closely with our Electrical Engineering and Imaging teams to bring future products to life - and these products will directly impact the lives of people you love.
- 3+ years in detailed part and product design
- CAD and drawings (GD&T)
- Plastic and metal part design
- Strong materials knowledge
- Design for Manufacturing
- Mass-production experience
- Working knowledge of FEA
- Application of statistical tools and techniques
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Handheld/wearable/portable (IoT) device experience
- Medical device experience
- Ultrasound transducer experience
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.