Senior C++ Software Engineer
- Guilford, CT, USA
Imagine a world in which cost and training are no longer barriers for access to life saving technology. A world in which medical devices become smarter with each new patient they see. At 4Catalyzer we are making that vision a reality. We operate at the intersections of medicine, engineering, and machine learning with a collective goal to change the world and save the life of someone you love. If you are not satisfied with the status quo, have a passion for making a difference in the world, and love fast-paced innovative environments, we want you.
The eye is the window into the human body. At Tesseract, we are harnessing the informational power of the retina to diagnose pathologies and save lives through early intervention. We are building a handheld, user-friendly device that will give patients and doctors access to their general health data. We are seeking brilliant, gritty, passionate people who want to illuminate the hidden information of the body and democratize healthcare. In this early stage, you can have a significant stake in the company and ownership over your work. As a 4Catalyzer company, home of unicorn Butterfly Network, we benefit from being part of an incubator with 300 scientists and engineers and over $600 Million in funding.
As an experienced software engineer at 4Catalyzer, you will be designing and developing the core software platform that powers a key imaging product line. You will help deliver key tools and systems that bridge the gap between many domains, including device drivers, hardware sequencing, embedded systems control, data processing, and cloud-based services. We are seeking a talented, hands-on problem-solver to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building rock-solid software that unlocks the potential of real-time imaging or other data-intensive technologies.
- Passion for creating modern, efficient, elegant, and scalable code
- Deep understanding of C++11 and efficient object-oriented software design
- High degree of comfort with cross-platform application development
- Designed reliable software for fault-intolerant applications – e.g. medicine, scientific computing, aerospace, finance
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and software architecture
- 3+ years of C++ application development, we use C++11
- 5+ years of experience creating and testing complex software intensive systems
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile, highly collaborative environment
- Boost, git, cross platform development on macOS/Linux
- Embedded C and hardware abstraction layer development
- iOS/Android software and hardware accessory development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.