Software Engineer In Test
- 251 W 30th St, New York, NY 10001, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world. Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. If you have a passion for doing innovative work that makes a difference in the world, you will love working with us.
This is a cross-functional role, this person will work with the clinical team to define use cases, then derive test cases, write complete test plans, execute them, document the issues encountered and develop automated tests. He/she will help maintain the traceability matrix between Risks+Clinical requirements to functional requirements to tests to finally test execution proof.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites for iOS apps and for the Web.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of all the test plans, adapts to quick development cycles and constantly updates them to include customer feedbacks and new use cases.
- Maintain a traceability matrix to ensure all the safety-related features are fully tested for every release and new feature requirements appropriately covered.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Knowledge of the full software development cycle is required, IEC 62304 is a plus
To-the-point communication skills to work effectively in an Agile-like environment
Hands-on experience with Jira, Confluence, qTest or any Test Suite software with requirements traceability.
Knows the risk-based test driven methodology.
Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
In addition to working with colleagues and advisors who are the best and brightest in their fields, building a revolutionary product and helping to save lives, we offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- Free on-site meals, unlimited healthy snacks
- Brand new office in Flatiron
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.