Senior iOS Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world. Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. If you have a passion for doing innovative work that makes a difference in the world, you will love working with us.
As a Senior iOS Engineer at Butterfly, you will be responsible for building native iOS apps that reinvent the ultrasound user experience for the mobile age. You'll be a champion for constantly improving the software architecture and team processes. You’ll collaborate with product managers and designers to deliver elegant solutions to complex problems. You’ll work alongside the hardware, cloud, machine learning, and control software teams to integrate cross-cutting features. You’ll even participate in user research sessions to get a firsthand view into how the product you build is being used in the real world.
- 3+ years of experience developing and shipping iOS apps to the App Store
- A solid understanding of Foundation, UIKit, and Core Graphics
- A good grasp of Swift or Objective-C (we use Swift!)
- An understanding of modern iOS best practices
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
- Experience writing efficient, scalable, and testable code
- Attention to detail
- A love of learning!
In addition to working with colleagues and advisors who are the best and brightest in their fields, building a revolutionary product and helping to save lives, we offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- Free on-site meals, unlimited healthy snacks
- Brand new office in Flatiron
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.