MEMS Characterization Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Who We Are:
Butterfly Network is a rapidly growing, well-funded, extremely innovative company within the AI/MedTech space. We've created an ultrasound machine that uses a patented silicon chip to show amazing images at a fraction of the price. Our ultimate goal is to get this device into the hands of those in need of affordable health care and change the landscape of the medical technology world (we're working closely with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to accomplish this).
The role of the MEMS Characterization Engineer offers the opportunity to work within the heart of the product development team and founders and to own the core of what will set Butterfly Network apart.
· Characterize and validate ultrasound MEMS sensors and modules.
· Analyze test data to identify key design and fabrication process variables for sensor performances.
· Develop bench test setups to characterize the performance of sensors.
· Generate SOP documents for characterization and validation.
· Lead debug efforts to resolve product and/or production test related issues.
· Drive test time reduction efforts and improvements in test coverage.
· Automate data analysis to improve testing throughput.
· Present findings to cross functional teams to support product development.
· Help product qualification effort by generating validation reports.
· Make recommendations with respect to new and existing specifications and datasheets.
· Manage local and global resources to accomplish the product testing engineering activities.
· MS or PhD in Material Science, Electrical, or Mechanical engineering
· Minimum 3 years Product/Test Engineering experience in semiconductors and/or MEMS industry
· Hands-on experience in characterization and validation of acoustic MEMS sensors.
· In-depth knowledge of MEMS device operation theory and fabrication techniques.
· Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
· Experience in analyzing data for MEMS sensors.
· Strong Python programming skills
· Strong data analysis and signal processing skills
· Experience using and controlling (via software) bench top test equipment (probe stations, scopes, function generators, spectrum analyzer, LDV etc.).
· Working knowledge of test equipment such as wafer prober, signal generator, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, LDV etc.
· Strong understanding of the functionality and design of electrical circuits and PCBs.
· Experience in characterization sensor arrays over thermal/mechanical stress and reliability tests.
· Good written, verbal communication skills and ability to convey information clearly and precisely.
We offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Brand new office in the heart of Manhattan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.