Director of Computational Biology & AI
- Guilford, CT, USA
We are an AI-driven company with unique ability to match drugs to indications and prosecute through clinical development. AI Therapeutics’ revolutionary approach to drug discovery and development has advanced three drugs into clinical trials.
We are looking for a talented scientist with a proven track record of success to lead the computational biology and artificial intelligence efforts at AI Therapeutics. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in developing novel computational tools for biological discovery. This role is best suited for a scientist aiming to make a difference in precision therapeutics, and with a passion for computer science and biology. The ideal candidate should also have proven leadership skills, and experience in team/project management. This individual will report directly to the CEO.
- You will direct a team of computational biologists and machine learning scientists to accomplish AI needs.
- You will regularly communicate AI strategy to CEO, Board of Directors and top-tier investors.
- You will work closely with the Head of Biology, to define the experimental plan for data generation and validation, feeding our AI platform.
- You will envision novel machine learning models, including but not limited to, representation learning, reinforcement learning, neural networks, and classification.
- You will develop automatic solutions for data integration, and will have the ability to implement novel deep learning approaches with an emphasis in data integration and multimodality.
- You will be informed of the latest advances in the field and be able to apply and translate novel approaches to solve our precision therapeutics problems
- Several years of experience in computational biology, designing and implementing machine learning algorithms, with a particular focus in cancer and drug discovery
- Strong experience with tools such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Theano and R
- In depth understanding of Biology, with an emphasis in Oncology
- Demonstrated distinction in the field, with publications, and contributions to research communities or source code.
- Experience in team management, either in industry or academia
- PhD Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Computational Biology, or Engineering.
We provide visa assistance for non-U.S. applicants
Our competitive compensation plan includes salary, stock options and outstanding benefits.