Sr. C++ Software Engineer
- New York, NY, New York, NY, us
At Butterfly, we are building a device that will make medical imaging
accessible to everyone in the world. We have reinvented ultrasound by
integrating core components into a single silicon chip. The result is a
high performance imager that is more portable and less expensive than
any other system in the world. The system's on-board Deep Learning
Algorithms, trained by ultrasound experts, will guide clinicians with
less expertise. It’s a breakthrough that will save millions of lives.
As an experienced software engineer at Butterfly, you will be designing and developing the core software platform that powers our entire ultrasound imaging product line. You will help deliver key tools and systems that bridge the gap between many domains, including device drivers, hardware sequencing, embedded systems control, data processing, and cloud-based services. We are seeking a talented, hands-on problem-solver to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building rock-solid software that unlocks the potential of real-time imaging or other data-intensive technologies.
- Passion for creating modern, efficient, elegant, and scalable code
- Deep understanding of C++11 and efficient object-oriented software design
- High degree of comfort with cross-platform application development
- Designed reliable software for fault-intolerant applications – e.g. medicine, scientific computing, aerospace, finance
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and software architecture
- 3+ years of C++ application development, we use C++11
- 5+ years of experience creating and testing complex software intensive systems
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile, highly collaborative environment
- Boost, git, cross platform development on macOS/Linux
- Embedded C and hardware abstraction layer development
- iOS/Android software and hardware accessory development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.