Principal Android Engineer
- 251 W 30th St, New York, NY 10001, USA
Are the apps you’re developing changing the world & saving lives? Why not?
Butterfly Network is a rapidly growing, well-funded, extremely innovative company within the AI/MedTech space. We've created an ultrasound machine that uses a patented silicon chip to show amazing images at a faction of the price. Our ultimate goal is to get this devise into the hands of those in need of affordable health care and change the landscape of the medical technology world (we're working closely with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to accomplish this).
- Design and implement a highly polished Android application that interfaces with our ultrasound probe, imaging software, and medical image storage cloud
- Work closely with product and design teams to drive and refine specifications
- Leverage modern technologies like Kotlin, ReactiveX, and GraphQL
- 10+ years of Android application development
- Strong understanding of Android framework design patterns
- Experience with the Android NDK
- A track record of professional achievement and problem solving
- BA in Computer Science or related field
- A passion for creating something meaningful
In addition to working with colleagues and advisors who are the best and brightest in their fields, we offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Brand new office in the heart of Manhattan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.