Principal Electrical Engineer
- Guilford, CT, Guilford, CT, United States
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The role of the Electrical and Systems Engineer offers the opportunity to work within the heart of the product development team and founders and to own the core of what will set Butterfly Network apart.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Architect, design, implement, and integrate powerful and compact electronic systems
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, GPA>3.7
- Expert in either Analog or Digital, or broad competence in both (generalist)
- Analog skills:
- op-amps and discrete design: 100 Hz to 50 MHz
- Lithium batteries
- power supplies
- low noise, low power
- DSP, frequency domain, filter design, convolution
- Digital skills:
- high speed parallel and serial communications
- Wi-Fi and RF communications
- ASIC experience a plus
- Track record of independently building and integrating complex systems
- Specifying critical PCB layout attributes
- Strong software skills: C, C++, Python, or similar languages
- Tenacious, buck-stops-here attitude
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Technical/project leadership
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.