- 251 W 30th Street, New York, NY, us
At Butterfly, we are building a device that will make medical imaging accessible to everyone in the world. We have reinvented ultrasound by integrating core components into a single silicon chip. The result is a high performance imager that is more portable and less expensive than any other system in the world. The system's on-board Deep Learning Algorithms, trained by ultrasound experts, will guide clinicians with less expertise. It’s a breakthrough that will save millions of lives.
We are inviting an talented Data Engineer with expertise in data visualization, bringing data from disparate data stores, building out data curation processes and a track record of implementing and maintaining robust business intelligence solutions.
As a data engineer you will work with business owners to develop and define key questions and to build a data processing pipeline, data store and tools that help answer those questions and establish a data-driven decision-making culture.
You have a track record of rapidly implementing and maintaining elegant and robust business intelligence solution that immediately create value for business owners. One of your goals is to enable users to build their own data analysis tools by publishing curated data through microservices.
Your area of expertise includes
- Data modeling and hands on development and administration of relational and NoSQL databases (Postgres, Redshift, Vertica)
- Principles and patterns of data processing architectures (batch, streaming, lambda, serverless, etc)
- Devops experience managing services on AWS
- Hands on knowledge of ETL tools, frameworks and practices: Alteryx, Talend, Flume, Pentaho, etc
- Orchestration solutions (Apache Airflow, Apache Nifi, other)
- Data Visualization and dashboard systems (Tableau, Plotly, Looker, Shiny, freeboard, Mozaïk, etc)
- Strong programming experience in python, R or similar
- Specific experience with data engineering libraries (pandas, tidyverse)
- Containers (docker, rkt, kubernetes)
We are looking for Data Engineers that have a passion for data and a passion supporting clients make important business decisions. You know and love working with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL and are a strong programmer
In addition to working with colleagues and advisors who are the best and brightest in their fields, we offer great perks - fully funded healthcare, free on-site meals, 401K plan, and an oceanfront office in historic Guilford, CT.
4Catalyzer is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
4Catalyzer does not accept agency resumes.