Rapid Prototyping Specialist
- 530 Whitfield St, Guilford, CT 06437, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We seek a Rapid Prototype Specialist with the hands-on expertise to get anything built, repaired, tested or debugged. The position involves interfacing with world-class engineering teams at Butterfly to make, break and repair advanced prototypes. The work is extremely fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and will profoundly change the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Work w/ R&D engineers to prototype and debug novel electrical designs
- Test and assemble lab and production prototype runs of handheld ultrasound devices
- Support contract manufacturing: define rework instructions, test procedures, training, etc.
- Work with mechanical engineers to create fixtures/molds/tools
- Perform calibration procedures on electronic instruments
- Rework and replace parts (soldering) on PCB’s
- Associates degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or equivalent
- A go-getter. A person who takes responsibility, works hard, and makes problems go away.
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital electronics
- Experience navigating electronic schematics, layouts, and PCB’s
- Great manual dexterity; ability to solder or probe fine pitch SMT components, assembling and testing circuit boards and systems
- Comfortable using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, frequency counters, and logic analyzers
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc
- Software programming of test equipment
- Familiarity using mechanical drawing tools (AutoCAD or Solidworks)
- Mechanical, machining, or 3D printing experience
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.