Rapid Prototyping Specialist
- 530 Whitfield St, Guilford, CT 06437, USA
At Butterfly, we are building a device that will make medical imaging accessible to everyone in the world. We have reinvented ultrasound by integrating core components into a single silicon chip. The result is a high performance imager that is more portable and less expensive than any other system in the world. The system's on-board Deep Learning Algorithms, trained by ultrasound experts, will guide clinicians with less expertise. It’s a breakthrough that will save millions of lives.
We seek a Rapid Prototype Specialist with the hands-on expertise to get anything built, repaired, tested or debugged. The position involves interfacing with world-class engineering teams at Butterfly to make, break and repair advanced prototypes. The work is extremely fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and will profoundly change the world.
Specifically, the position requires the following:
• Work w/ R&D engineers to prototype and debug novel electrical designs
• Test and assemble lab and production prototype runs of handheld ultrasound devices
• Support contract manufacturing: define rework instructions, test procedures, training, etc.
• Work with mechanical engineers to create fixtures/molds/tools
• Perform calibration procedures on electronic instruments
• Rework and replace parts (soldering) on PCB’s
• Associates degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or equivalent
• A go-getter. A person who takes responsibility, works hard, and makes problems go away.
• Basic knowledge of analog and digital electronics
• Experience navigating electronic schematics, layouts, and PCB’s
• Great manual dexterity; ability to solder or probe fine pitch SMT components, assembling and testing circuit boards and systems.
• Comfortable using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, frequency counters, and logic analyzers.
• Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc
• Software programming of test equipment is a plus
• Familiarity using mechanical drawing tools (AutoCAD or Solidworks) is a plus
• Mechanical, machining, or 3D printing experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.