Senior Test Engineer
- Guilford, CT
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We seek an Electrical Test Engineer with the expertise to transition a diverse set of products to market. The position involves interfacing with world-class engineering teams at Butterfly, to participate in the transition of leading-edge products to market. The work is extremely fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and will profoundly change the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Reviews products for in-circuit and functional testability
- Participates in the development of board and system level tests
- Reviews ECOs for impacts to tests
- Develops test and diagnostic labor estimates
- Provides recommendations for test cost reductions
- Assists in the testing and debug of prototypes
- Interfaces with Contract Manufacturer to transfer tests and diagnostics to production
- Performs training to the CM to test product and to diagnose product failures
- Performs root cause analysis and corrective actions for recurring product failures
- BS in EE/CS with 5 to 7+ years experience in transferring product test from design to production
- Experience in testing of products produced for the medical field is preferable
- Experience in developing computer scripts and tests using high-level programming languages or Labview is required
- Experience using Boundary Scan and in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art analog and digital circuitry is mandatory
- If you are seeking a challenging opportunity with a high level of functional diversity, then this may be the position for you
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience in C++ and Python programming
- Knowledge of Ultrasound technology and complicated optical systems
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.