Big Data Architect
- Farnborough, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Based in either Malvern, Farnborough or London, our client is looking to appoint an experienced professional to work in a leadership role for an established team. The team has a number of inflight projects in the areas of Big Data, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing for Security, Defence and Commercial customers, and includes software engineers, systems engineers and Human Science practitioners as well as Data Science specialists.
Experience working in a customer-facing role is required, as the role will require some time working on customer sites. Also required is the ability to technically lead bids and projects, communicate openly, think creatively, collaborate, and influence a range of stakeholders.
Successful candidate will need to be eligible for high level security clearance up to DV.
Purpose of the Role:
• Technical Leadership of bids and projects
• Technical Sales – supporting the Business Development team to discuss possible solutions with customers
• Leadership within an area of the business (an Integrated Delivery Team (IDT)) that needs an enduring Big Data capability
• Accountable to the Project Manager(s) and customer(s) for producing high quality technical output
• Accountable to the BD team for high-quality and timely material supporting the winning of new business with customers
• Accountable to the IDT Leader as part of their leadership team for maintaining and developing a growing team in Big Data Engineering, which covers members from other disciplines such as Software Engineering and Systems Engineering.
• Accountable to the Technical Excellence function for the quality of customer deliverables.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Qualified to at least University Honours Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience.
• Good track record of technical leadership of Data Analytics projects.
• Exposure to Cloud technologies.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in many aspects of the engineering of Big Data systems, including a good number of the Open-source and branded tools and languages listed below.
• Enthusiastic and willing to work flexibly to be part of a high-performing team.
• Proven experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
• Experience across the full product development lifecycle from requirements to user testing.
• Excellent verbal and written technical communications skills.
• Experience in leading Agile or scaled Agile teams, or a member of this type of team.
• Familiarity with a DevOps environment
• More general systems engineering design and implementation processes