- Austin, TX
We are focused on imparting effective business staffing services through high level cost effective solutions. We have a strong foundation built on legacy and emerging technologies, including excellent track record of on-time delivery. We are leaders in providing additional custom IT Services with a proficient approach towards development of emerging mobile-based applications and web based application development. We are emerging as one of the largest private talent sourcing and management firms in the US.
Our client- one of the leading ICT for development - ICT4D - organization, providing low cost solutions using ICT to tackle poverty and to overcome disadvantage, working closely with local communities seeks an accomplished IT Security Leader.
Title: TECHNICAL WRITER
Location: Austin TX
Duration: 12 + months
- 7+ Years Extensive experience in composing, compiling, organizing, researching, writing, editing, producing and maintaining technical documents, manuals, system physical and logical topologies, special reports, software users manuals, procedural guides, administration guides, installation and configuration guides, and release notes.
- 7+ Years Provides broad expertise on technical concepts of applications and user groups, and structures procedures in a logical sequence.
- 7+ Years Experience and ability to confidently interview subject matter experts to gather content; ability to confer with staff in the development of formats, graphics, and the layout of publications.
- 7+ Years Ability to understand and translate the user’s view of applications and technology to put procedures in a logical sequence; ability to develop and maintain user technical documentation and project process documentation.
- 7+ Years Develops, enhances, and maintains user documentation for multiple applications including documentation required for the operations provider.
- 7+ Years Extensive skill in effective verbal and written communications, ability to interview computer professionals and subject matter experts to get information necessary for the creation of technical documents
- 7+ Years Works with technical staff to ensure technical reviews of documents are conducted properly and timely. Plans and finalizes production of documentation, including formatting, for final delivery. Ensures deliverables are suitable for reproduction and web publishing.
- 7+ Years Expert ability in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- 7+ Years Knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies.
- 7+ Years Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- 7+ Years Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with others at all times in the course and scope of conducting business
- 5+ Years Demonstrated ability to work on several documents at the same time, write according to established standards, and follow established procedures.
- 5+ Years Technical writing for installation of various IBM suite of COTS products.
- 2+ Years Familiarity with video capturing software, such as Camtasia, to compose documents from actual installations.
- 1+ Years Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- 1+ Years Experience using Rational ClearQuest and Rational ClearCase
The Technical Writer will collaborate with developers, engineers, and other technical personnel to produce high-quality, easily understandable documentation. Work is accomplished in a highly collaborative environment and independently with a focus on quality and customer service. Works under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
I would love to talk to you if you think this position suits your interest.
If you are looking for rewarding employment and a company that puts its employees first, we would like to work with you. We also offer group health insurance.
NOTE: “Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening”