Sr. Technical Data Analyst
- Liberty Lake, WA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Location: Remote
Why 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking for outcome driven, focused team members who want to win and have fun doing it! We are looking for the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world, and strive daily to align our core values with those that we hire.
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams – a perpetual thirst for knowledge, and a desire to work with the best people and take on big challenges together. Getting our attention takes creativity, integrity, a desire to improve yourself and your co-workers each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
About 2nd Watch
As a cloud native company, 2nd Watch has walked alongside our clients for over a decade helping them migrate to the cloud, accelerate application development, and deliver on their company’s strategic goals through the blend of technology and innovation that is at our core. Our services deliver cloud native capabilities through strategic consulting, modernization services, and specialized technology practices focused on maximizing the value of public cloud through:
· Business Transformation
· Cloud Advisory
· Datacenter Migration, Infrastructure & Architecture
· Application Modernization
· Data and Analytics Advisory
· Data Management
· Data Science
· Compliance, Security & Business Continuity
· Managed Cloud Service
2nd Watch is an AWS Partner Network (APN) Premier Consulting Partner, a Microsoft Azure Gold Partner, and a Google Cloud Platform Partner. The venture-backed company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about 2nd Watch, visit www.2ndwatch.com or call 888-317-7920.
Sr. Technical Data Analyst
2nd Watch has an opening for an Sr. Technical Data Analyst to join our team! Located remotely the Sr. Technical Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing cloud based customer usage patterns for trends and variances which support overall optimization of customer spend. Additionally, they will provide meaningful insights to internal business units in support of customer facing value propositions and developing internal efficiencies. This position will also assist in developing our Enterprise Data Lake (EDL)which supports actionable intelligence to internal business units and our customers.
Scope and Accountability
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling, analytics and scenario management.
- Design, understand, and communicate business rules and business practices both interdepartmentally and externally to clients.
- Clean and transform large data sets to provide analysis-ready data for the Data Analysts on the Cloud Economics team.
- Innovate new capacities for optimizing spend and utilization for multi-cloud resources at the enterprise level (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Optimize data warehouse performance.
- Manage and orchestrate data pipelines.
- Create and automate reports and dashboards.
- Ingest and integrate data into our data lake, data pipeline, and data warehouse.
Primary Skills and Experience:
- Advanced SQL knowledge, including query building and query optimization.
- Experience with data ingestion, cleaning, transformation, and validation methodologies.
- Experience with dashboarding tools such as Power BI
- Experience with data warehousing technologies in the cloud such as Redshift.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with dbt (data build tool).
- Experience with a non-SQL based language such as Python.
- Experience with version control in development environment such as GitLab or GitHub
- Familiarity with Snowflake as a data warehousing tool
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch
Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
- 401(k) with company stock plans to all employees
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and up to 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- No limit / regulation on Paid Time Off – We let you manage yourself.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
2nd Watch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. 2nd Watch does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.