- Vista Loop, Los Gatos, CA, USA
Provides, directs and supervises all aspects of quality patient care, including but not limited to; screening, evaluation and treatment, treatment planning, goal setting, family education and documentation in order to assure the best outcome possible for the patient. The Physical Therapist assures that the patient care follows the organization’s guidelines, professional standards and community needs, and is in compliance with Federal and State guidelines.
Serves as a patient and rehabilitation advocate for current prospective patients, to all internal and external customers. Ensures cross-disciplinary coordination in order to provide consistent patient care. Participates in quality assurance and customer service activities.
Directs and supervises the work of assistants, rehab aides and students as applicable with State and Federal guidelines.
· Follows all organizational and facility safety procedures regarding one’s personal protection and patient safety.
· Develops treatment plan and provides treatment, consistent with benefit and reimbursement level, to assure best functional outcome for patient.
· Appropriately and effectively completes documentation including evaluations, daily progress notes, summaries, or monthly reports as required.
· Assures compliance with Physical Therapy code of ethics and PT practice in the State of California.
· Educates staff, other health care professionals and third party payers on the benefits and functional outcomes of intervention.
· Participates in: care plan meetings, rehab meetings and family training, in order to communicate patient status during therapy.
· Attends continuing education seminars/workshops to keep abreast of new clinical skills, programs or techniques. Provides in-service training sessions or other educational presentations to company, team or facility in order to enhance one’s clinical and professional knowledge and skills.
· Maintains appropriate state licensure, certification and credentialing.
· Submits billing, payroll, and expense documentation in a timely manner.
· Makes appropriate referrals to other members of the rehab team.
· Conforms to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
· Anything else as your supervisor and/or upper management may assign and/or require.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education required: Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy.
Masters degree in Physical Therapy preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Licensure or Certification, as required by State guidelines. CPR Certification
Experience: 1 year Physical Therapy experience preferred. 1-2 years experience in a residential/assisted living or
skilled nursing facility preferred.
New graduates considered.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL TASKS:
· Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
· Must be able to lift up and over 100 pounds with assistance according to resident’s abilities.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and walk for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to travel whether by car and/or plane as necessary to reach assigned destination in a reasonable time frame.
· Must be able to bend, squat, push, stoop, and pull as needed especially in fulfilling patient care activities.
· Must be able to meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, including a physical examination.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
May be exposed to blood, body fluids, burns, infectious diseases, air contaminants (including tobacco smoke), hazardous chemicals, and to the Hepatitis B virus, and will be responsible for following company safety policies and procedures and Health Department regulations regarding contact with any of the above.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. (iNT)